aparate foto digitale

Welcome to my blog!!!

Hello, to you all! I am Costica A. and I now live in Bucharest, Romania where I studied Geography. I hope you find my blog interesting and entertaining, also. Have a good time navigating it!
Sometimes, the smaller things can take the biggest place in your heart!!!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Expecting the unexpected!



I haven’t written for a long time. What can I say in my defense? I know what! And it’s true! I have worked hard and studied. Takes a lot of my time that I can hardly find some for myself!
What is more exciting than waking-up in a place you wouldn’t think you will be an hour before? Actually it took us about two hours to get there. Cristi (Diana’s boyfriend) came with this usual idea to go with his car to the mountains, maybe we would find some snow there. We haven’t seen snow in Bucharest since the first day of Christmas (and that was just for realizing we are in the middle of a winter!). We packed everything we usually pack for this kind of trips (coffee and a lot of courage!) and got ready for the road! Simona, Diana, Madalina, Alex, Cristi (who was the driver of the latest version of our national car Dacia, named LOGAN!) and tried to fit in for another adventure! Of course that it was my turn stay with the girls in the back seat and that was the plus for my adventure as I had to hide my head whenever we would see a Police car ahead of us.
We got to Sinaia and then to Predeal seeking this place called “partie” in Romanian, which I can’t translate as I don’t have my dictionary with me. There was snow for the whole Romania but, fortunately there were just the six of us enjoying it, which made it funnier. We than headed to another place close to this first one because we thought the girls would finally give it a try to use the plastic bags to use instead of skiing stuff. We did make some noises that probably angered some people because we some visitors from the Police after almost 4 in the morning. After another hour of skiing and screaming and wetting our clothes as it started to snow badly we decided we need to go back to Bucharest as everybody (not me and Alex!) had to prepare for going to work. We looked for a restaurant in different places but everything was closed as I wouldn’t think they would have them open for crazy people like us driving on Sunday nights!
I am looking forward for another unexpected trip as I am always ready for it. It’s wonderful! Having a car stays as a plus in saying YES without thinking too much!

No comments:


Christmas 2006